Sunday, May 25, 2008

Of All The Movies in The World

"I used to waste my time dreaming of being alive,
now I only waste it dreaming of you."


Reviews! Reviews! What? Movie reviews!

First movie, a fancy dramedy released last year.

It's the movie called Dan in Real Life starring Steve Carell.

What made me watch it was Steve Carell. I didn't really give a damn 'bout it since it's somehow a romantic comedy but, heh, I was bored and had nothing to watch.

So in the film, he's your ordinary single parent, living with 3 daughters and looking for somebody to love. Eventually he met a girl that he likes only to find out that she's actually the girlfriend of his brother. Then he starts to act all weird during their family reunion. (No major spoilers were spoiled)

The acting of Carell was fine, I never thought I'd see him in a romantic film. His daughters act fine as well, one of them's emo (whines and whines throughout the course of the movie), one of them's the regular panganay type and the youngest is.. the most adorable one. The story was nice, it didn't really bore me. It has a well balanced comedy and drama, which is awesome.

I'll give it a rating of 8.5/10, it's good but it somehow needs more, uh, spice.

Next movie, starring Steve Carell again, but this time with Will Ferrell as the leading guy, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.

During the era when all the people believed in EVERYTHING that they hear on the news, there's only one group of reporters who reigned. Ron Burgundy (Ferrell) and his crew (which includes Carell). All the news anchors were male back then. Suddenly, Veronica Corningstone pops up and manages to land a job at the station where Ron works and suddenly became the first anchorwoman. (No spoilers to be spoiled!)

What happens when Ferrell and Carell teams up? INSTA-EPICNESS. Although Carell stars as a retarded reporter, he's the best character in the film. Where else can you see somebody throwing a trident into another reporter's torso? Another thing I loved in this film is the all-star cast. I mean, all-star cameos. Jack Black, Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn suddenly pops out of nowhere! It's really hilarious. Trust me, you ain't gonna go wrong with watching this film. On the downside, it contains sexual content which may disturb other people, especially the ladies (since I've watched this with my brother XD).

I give it a 10/10. That's not an exaggeration. Rly.

Anutha film? Rush Hour 3. Yeeeeah.

As you may have known, I'm a total fan of the series. Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan? A black person and a white? An American and an Asian? A comedy star and an action superstar?! WOW.

So yeah, the two teams up again to destroy the evil (save people and kill bad guys, you've heard of 'em before) along with some twist and turns ONE MORE TIME.

First off, the casting is GREAT. George, the taxi driver is teh best! Chris Tucker and his roflmao quotes are still epic! Jackie Chan's moves are still sharp and flashy! What I don't like about the film is the predictable storyline. It sounds like they recycled something out of an episode of a TV show or something. So yeah, the only thing you'll enjoy in the film is the hyper combination of Tucker and Chan. It has pretty much lost its touch, but you'll still like it for some reason.

I'll rate it 8/10.

The last movie..

*randomly strums a guitar*

*repeatedly steps on the bass pedal in a slow pace*

*strums again*

I...

Am..

IRON

MAN.

*strums ONE MORE TIME*

*does the legendary riff*

So yeah, it's Iron Man. The superhero that faded behind the other Marvel guys such as Spiderman and the X-men.

Robert Downey Jr. I've never heard of that guy before. lol (His appearance on AI shocked me)

So, hmmm, the story is very engaging. It has a great heroic impact that makes you wanna go insane. He's not your usual superhero like "Hey, I wanna save the people for the betterment of this world", more like an accidental superhero. He wants revenge. And he wants to get rid of the big bad ripoff named Iron Monger.

But it lacks something.. WAR MACHINE. But Rhodes did some hints. "Next time, baby!". Remember? When he saw the Mark II suit lying around? :D

Overall, the movie was stunning. The visual effects are amazing, the soundtrack blows your mind (courtesy of Tom Morello! and oh, I've heard Institutionalized playing on the background once!) and the acting is convincing.

I would enjoy my Iron Man experience if the guy beside me at the theater in Trinoma stops on blabbering "UY GAAAGO!" when he sees a huge explosion or.. "He's AAAAALL yourz!" in a gay accent repeating what Tony Stark said. I wanna crush his face and say "STFU, you noisy bastard!"

Heh, I give Iron Man a 9.2/10.

That's all the reviews for now. See ya later, dude/dudette!

0 people I thank:

 

|